Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Poor battery life on beta W6C

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I have sent an error report on this but thought I should post as well. I am seeing poor battery life on the beta on this first full day of use.

First some background. I installed the beta yesterday and had the issue of continuous reboots. I tried clearing device cache but ended up having to do a full reset and restore from a backup. Since the reset/restore the watch has seemed fine. I typically charge my watch in the morning so I started with a full charge this morning at roughly 7am. By noon I was down to 38% and now at  1pm down to 32%. This is much worse than prior to the beta and I really have not changed my usage or settings, beyond turning on the new gestures.

12 Replies
Viper4774
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

So I have to join the chorus of people reporting definitely poorer battery life compared to before beta.  Almost dare to say battery depletes about twice as fast or just below twice. 

Members_SeCgWNd
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I have noticed a significant battery drain that occurs when I'm sleeping and the play store turns on my wifi when I open it which is a huge power hog when compared to the Bluetooth.  The increased battery drain when sleeping isn't all that surprising considering how many things they're trying to keep track of.  I wonder if movement when sleeping turns on the screen as well.  I will turn off AOD tonight to see if there is a difference.

XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I updated to the second beta and while the battery life is slightly better, it is still worse than pre-beta. I have tried disabling some features to improve and turning down the brightness but still need to charge twice a day. I give it a full recharge in the morning and then just a bit before going to sleep to make sure it lasts through the night.

0 Likes