Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Poor optimization

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 04:11 AM)
Options
Discussions
Here is what I dont understand. They want you to constantly update your apps and android versions with security updates. But the reason I learned not to update is because doing so corrupts the software that is currenty giving the best battery optimaztion and overall device performance.

Not to mention that the current app or software version may have features that the update removes. Then they tell you something wrong with device for poor battery performance. And the missing functions they tell you may come back but never happens. If people would speak with there wallets. These companies would sink or change. 
11 Replies
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
News flash... you don't own the device you just paid over 1000 dollars for.
You just a custodian for them.
The new reality
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
They don't want you to. You can choose not to. No one is forcing you to update an app. I haven't had any issues after updating an app. If you have this many problems get an iphone
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Be nice....the point he makes is valid and applies to other platform as well
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I am. But he is coming across as complaining when software is in beta. If it was officially out then that would be different
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I don't think he was referring to the beta software necessarily..
It is something all vendors do. OS upgrade always take away functions and sometimes introduce new ones..
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
This is a beta group. He should be talking to the manufacturer directly. This is for beta stuff. He should have put it in suggestions. Android has many phones so it's hard to get everything to work. IOS is a closed ecosystem meaning it's easier than an open source that has phones and tablets and watches that have different manufacturers
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
You are understanding him too quickly...
I take it that he has a Samsung Phone hence he posted here.
The point is both valid for Beta and Stable software...
Is that difficult to comprehend ?
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I have if13pm, s21u, n20u. I switch between fones as the battery reach 30% the sim comes out of one into the next. That is my rotation. I did samsung kernel tuning for a period. When you change one thing you test if it negatively effects. Go back to optimum code and see what is the conflict causing negative. These tech are not doing that. Just hack something together push it out. And hope to improve next go round. Never really solving initial problem snow ball effect
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Sometimes the app refuses to work without update. I start deleting apps because of it. I dont use app that try to force email address sign in. I dont use apps that force gps use. Visit through browser or just dont use site at all. If people would stand up collectively against we would the getting the best products but people are weak. So I am done with this technology advance advance advance and really going nowhere better. Just spinning wheels really
0 Likes