Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS Messaging is broken in Beta 1

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 10:45 AM)
traviswhayne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Please note I've already posted this in Beta feedback. I continually find that RCS messaging appears to disconnect in the Google Messages application. I have utilized the turn off the SIM card method in the SIM Card Manager section in the settings. But it only appears to be a temporary fix as I've had to use it multiple times per day just to get connected back to RCS.  
17 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
It's seems that a lot of people are experiencing issues with rcs chat services
sash0le
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Turn off your sim card and turn it back on, it should work. That's what worked for me to get it working again
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
The fix everyone is recommending here works, but I can confirm that after a reboot the issue comes back and you have to do it again
Xteam87
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Mine is working fine....i just checked
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It's working fine for me via Google Messages.
0 Likes
userudbraZQRVi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Definitely broken for me

Turning on switch to mobile data,
And the turning off Sim card and back on fixes it
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userCOLK8VwVVf
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Here in the UK on a S22 Ultra and RCS has been stuck on 'connecting' since the One UI 5 beta installation... for me turning the SIM on and off didn't seem to work but I did find that turning off RCS in the Google Messages app and then force stopping, clearing the cache and restarting the app then allow it to connect when i turn on RCS again...took a few minutes.  Note i had Wi-Fi turned off as well when i got this to work.

Unfortunately, restarting the device breaks the connection again and i had to follow the above steps to get the green 'connected' sign.

0 Likes