Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

RCS for Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 11:52 AM)
RenyMa83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I was hoping this Beta would allow for RCS connection in Samsung Messages. I have an unlocked device, bought straight from Samsung and I've never been able to use RCS features with Samsung Messages. I've been stuck using Google Messages just to have RCS support. Oh well...using Google Messages is better than nothing...

Edit for clarification: I've never had the RCS menu option to turn on chat features for Samsung Messages.

11 Replies
A_M
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
What provider are you on ?
0 Likes
RenyMa83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm on T-mobile but it's an unlocked device. To clarify the issue is I've never had the RCS menu option to turn on chat features.
0 Likes
MrG21
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I was saying the same thing, I'm on t-mobile and I don't have it, it's an unlocked phone straight from Samsung
Options
Discussions
Download carrier services from the play store and it should make it work
0 Likes
RenyMa83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have carrier services installed but the issue is I've never had the RCS menu option to turn on chat features.
0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It does not work on unlocked devices but I would recommend google messages instead if you require rcs
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You need to install carrier services app from playstore as well for RCS to work.
0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Still does not work I have carrier service installed from the playstore, not a fan of Samsung messanger anywho prefer Google messages
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Oh it worked for me. Did you restart your phone after installing carrier services app?
0 Likes