Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Random alarm?

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 10:17 AM)
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Did anybody else have a random alarm go off at 155 am CST this morning? I wake up to music playing, & some voice reading the weather forecast, & I couldn't figure out how to stop it for a while! I don't use the stock clock / alarm, but I opened it up & there were 3 random alarms set. Just wondering if those were auto added as part of the beta (on accident I imagine). Neat idea to read the weather to you, but not at 155 am! 
0 Likes
4 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Seems your phone has been cracked. Do you have one or more questionable apps installed (gaming apps come to mind)? Those are always suspect.

And no, the beta does *not* install a random alarm.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Annuvin ,

Neither any alarm was added for beta testing nor do we have that kind of capability, not to mention serious legal implications.  As suggested by @user751201tmO21 , please try looking to 3rd party especially if you have any that have permission to Appear on Top or have admin access.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yeah I thought that was pretty odd. I've got my phone locked down fairly tight, so I don't think it's a third party app. But I don't have a good explanation either. I'll keep my eyes peeled for other strange behavior. Thx for the feedback all.
0 Likes
Annuvin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Actually, I'm pretty sure I figured out what happened. One of the moderators suggested I use Bixby instead of Tasker for something. I've never used Bixby before (never wanted to). I opened it up, but quickly decided against using it. Apparently I still enabled it though (using default options). That night (Saturday night), I was out at a loud restaurant with a friend, & noticed that my phone kept getting triggered & listening for commands. I thought it was Google Assistant - but after it happened multiple times in a row, I looked more closely & realized it was Bixby. So I must have accidentally added those alarms with Bixby, since the strange behavior happened later that night. Crazy story! Needless to say I made absolutely sure I turned Bixby off this time. Mystery solved!
0 Likes