Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Reboot loop caused boot failure

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 01:05 PM)
Ghostdg
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have been getting UI reboots multiple times a day while on the beta. The reboot of the UI loops about 10 to 20 times before a hard reboot occurs. As far as I have experienced only a hard reboot stops the UI reboot loop.

Once I get back in I open up this app and send the log file to report the issue.

Today, the reboot of the full phone occurred again but this time the boot up stopped mid way, rebooted again and said there was a corrupted file in the boot up process. It looked similar to the boot/firmware menu. It gave me 4 options, reboot, clear app data, shut down, and view log. 

I picked reboot after about a minute. Reread the message a couple of times worried I nuked my phone using the beta. It rebooted and then hung up again and rebooted to the same menu. This time I picked shut down and was pretty worried I needed to do a full recovery.

It didn't shut down but rebooted again but this time it actually got a normal boot up.

Thank you
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Mine hasn't exhibited that extreme with reboots.

However, my phone does freeze, then immediately reboots anywhere from 10-20 times a day.

Heck, many times, I close the phone's cover and lay the phone down for, say, 15-30 minutes ... then, my Galaxy Watch will vibrate (informing it has disconnected from the phone, cause it's rebooting), then my phone will beep (informing me it's up and running).

Have you rebooted into the Maintenance screen and selected to Wipe the Cache Partition?

Might also go to phone's Settings > Device Care and see if there's any app acting up
0 Likes
BuckRodgers
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I've experienced this issue, but only when opening video links from Google News feeds on left swipe
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've had maybe ONE restart due to a bug that happened when switching between apps and the share menu too fast, but other than that I don't have an issue where my phone reboots at all, ever. It does seem however everyone has had different issues depending on the user and what apps you have installed. From my experience honestly, I haven't had any problems even close to the one you guys are having. If I were you, to have the best experience with the beta I would backup all of your photos and videos and data, aside from apps because it MAY be an issue with an app you have, and just wipe the phone and reinstall the beta WITHOUT the apps you have installed. Then, install your apps over time and try to diagnose the issue on a per app basis over days.

Either that or if you're not up for going through all that maybe just wait and revert back to the stable OS and wait for the final release of 4.0.

Good luck though, sorry to see you're going through all of that.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Ghostdg ,

We understand it is not practical but can you try running your device in safe mode and see if the same reboots continue. It may also help to check settings -> Battery and device care -> Graph Icon -> App issue history -> see all and check which app has frequent issue and disable the app if possible.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Ghostdg
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Thank you all for your replies. I did wipe my cache in the bootloader menu.

Most of the time I don't even know my phone rebooted until I open the flip cover. I have had random apps with reported issues. I wipe the data, cache or each app and usually it stops crashing.

I'm on a T-Mobile s21 ultra, and only experiencing the reboots. And I'm ok with random reboots in an early beta. My concern was mostly the boot up failing twice before getting the phone to work again. Thought it was definitely something to report.
0 Likes