Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

[S21] OneUI 4 / Android 12 Beta Mega Thread

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 09:13 PM)
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.

If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 4 w/ Android 12! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI 4/Android 12 beta now rolling out, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 4 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?

The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.

------- ā˜† -------
Beta Information

Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:

• The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the Samsung Members app.
  • The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs and possibly not so good battery life.
  • Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
  • Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.

Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?

• Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra users on T-Mobile/Sprint or unlocked firmware (U1 devices purchased directly from Samsung.)

Current software version:

• BUK7 (Official Android 12 / OneUI 4 base)

Older beta versions:

• ZUK1 (Public Beta 4)
  • ZUJG (Public Beta 3)
  • ZUJ1 (Public Beta 2)
  • ZUID (Public Beta 1)

Known Issues:

• Beta is now done and closed.
-----------------------
How to register:
  1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Press the OneUI beta banner
  3. Press the enroll button
  4. Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates

Picture reference available in spoiler below:

Spoiler
Screenshot_20210914-203157_Samsung Members.png

Galaxy S21 Android 12 beta registration
-----------------------
Feedback/Suggestions/Bug ReportsRydah_1-1631676086541.png

Samsung Members

How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?

• Open your app drawer and open the Samsung Members app (pictured above)
  • FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
  • FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
-----------------------
How do I un-register and leave the beta?

Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.

*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE

To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:

1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
  3. Press the "One UI Beta Program status" button
  4. Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
  5. Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.

To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)

1. Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
  2. Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
  3. Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
  4. Under your device details, you should see a downgrade button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click downgrade and follow the prompts.Rydah_2-1631676086574.png

SmartSwitch software downgrade option
-----------------------

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
34 Replies
BeRoyalKC
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Rydah, have a question. I've got a Verizon S21 Ultra on the U1 firmware. Your post says that any carrier is supported on unlocked firmware, but the beta banner isn't showing up for me. Am I missing something?
PJEVERLY
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Same question, although I read that Verizon might not be included. I don't see the join Beta banner
0 Likes
user6JDHsa3Sx9
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I am with Verizon and I was able to join. Just waiting to install.
0 Likes
BeRoyalKC
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Did you have to flash unlocked firmware to your phone? Did you buy your phone from Samsung or Verizon?
0 Likes
user6JDHsa3Sx9
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I bought my phone directly from Samsung and I have not flashed anything to my phone.
0 Likes
BeRoyalKC
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
OK, so you have an unlocked S21 Ultra on Verizon and not a Verizon branded S21 Ultra. That clears things up a bit. Thanks!
user6JDHsa3Sx9
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
You are welcome!!
PJEVERLY
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I don't even see the banner to join.
0 Likes
BeRoyalKC
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yea, I haven't gotten a clear answer yet. I bought my phone from Verizon but I've flashed unlocked firmware...no banner. My guess is that doesn't cut it, even though the OP makes it sound like it does.
0 Likes