Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

SIM Manager still has limited options in Beta 4

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 01:25 PM)
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
Nothing really changed so far since beta 1.
The SIM Manager does not give us the option to choose default SIM for voice/text and data separately. This is a basic function that is available even on the lowest tier dual SIM phones.
11 Replies
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
That, and for whatever reason we can't add eSIMs with the code string. We can only use the QR code.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @UnknownBug ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Aburman
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Sim manager knly controls which sim is used for data. Calls and texts are controlled by the phone and text app. When calling ore texting the apps give you the choice of which sim to use.
0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
"Sim manager knly controls which sim is used for data."

This is demonstrably incorrect. All modern dual SIM phones, even in the USA the iphone and pixel phones allow the selection of "default" SIM for data and call/text independently.

I'm not talking about the ability to choose which SIM to be used for call and/or text when I make a call / send text - I'm talking about setting the "default" when I DON'T choose a specific SIM when calling / texting.
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
There is some additional functionality to pick a default for calls and SMS if you go to the dialer, select the three dot menu, then call settings.
0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
Hi,
Thanks for your post.
I have looked into the stock Samsung Dialer app as well as Messages app, and couldn't find a related setting to select default SIM for calling / texting independently.
Would you please post a few screenshots of possible?
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
Sure, here you go. S21 Ultra, T-mobile but unlocked.
Screenshot_20211115-145102_Call settings.jpg
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
I see. It's not on my TMobile version S21 running beta4 or TMobile S21U running A11.

But the issue still remains - all dual SIM phones that I have seen/used gave this option in the SIM settings/manager. Having this settings in the dialer also means it's specific to this dialer and you'll have to re-do if change your dialer (and if the new one allows it).

Thanks for your help though.
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
Agreed. It would be nice if Samsung told is why we are getting a different interface than the rest of the world.
0 Likes