cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SOLVED: Repeated and continual reboots after installing the beta.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

Galaxy watch 6 classic - after installing the beta my watch is continually rebooting.  Most of the time it reboots within 2 minutes. It does it whether I leave it unlocked after a reboot or I unlock it. 

I have all the related beta apps installed on my Fold 5. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@DickWheawill @thcosgrove I tried wiping the device cache but that didn't solve it. Forcing a factory data reset seems to have fixed it. So far no more auto reboots. 

View solution in context

12 Replies
DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Same here...needs a quick fix!

thcosgrove
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Same problem. Hoping for a quick fix. 

Solution
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@DickWheawill @thcosgrove I tried wiping the device cache but that didn't solve it. Forcing a factory data reset seems to have fixed it. So far no more auto reboots. 

DickWheawill
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Thanks...and yes, so far so good. The joys of a beta. Read your back and forth with the moderator... interesting. 

MikeInIN
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Same here. Thank you for the advice. I was able to get in a log at least, I believe. 

USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello  @LongHiker,
Thank you for your feedback.

If the issue persists, then please submit an error report through the Samsung Members or Galaxy Wearable app on your device:

- To provide feedback or to report bugs or errors in the Beta software, select "Contact us > Error reports" in the Galaxy Wearable app.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@USBetaModerator3 Thanks for the reminder. I tried submitting a report but the process just got hung up. I think the phone was trying to get data from the watch but the watch was just repeatedly rebooting and breaking the connection with the watch. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

@LongHiker You're absolutely correct. It must have been difficult to capture and send error while watch is getting disconnected continuously and Reset was the only option to resolve the issue (Hope you've backed up all your data on Smart Switch šŸ˜ƒ). If you are willing to do so, you can send error report through your phone's Wearable app while your watch is rebooting constantly before resetting the watch in the future.  

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@USBetaModerator3 Yeah I did try from the phone but the watch's resetting was pretty continuous and I had no control over it. After about 15 minutes of waiting and about 8 watch auto resets, I gave up on the idea that an error report was actually going to be sent. 

Luckily I did have a backup  but I didn't know if using the backup would be successful or not. At one point during the restoration the restore update paused for several minutes and I thought everything was frozen šŸ˜®. I thought that I was going to have to do another factory reset. But then poof it was complete. 

After that I did have a panic moment. The screen turned this greenish color and I couldn't do anything. 20240612_105357.jpg

The only thing that seemed to do anything was swiping down caused the quick panel to appear momentarily. But I just did a reboot of the watch and everything has been fine since. šŸ¤ž

So I guess the complete process I did was a factory reset -> restored data -> rebooted the phone again.