Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Messages Is Useless for Dual-SIM Use

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 04:12 PM)
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Why is this app so useless for people using more than one SIM? I have a U model, SIM unlocked using one pSIM and one eSIM. If I select a different SIM to send the text than the SIM that is currently set to active. The text does not send until I manually change the active SIM. Why is this app so crippled in this way?!? I normally use Pulse, because Pulse can and does switch the SIM, at least temporarily, to send and receive messages and it does this automatically. Textra us also capable of this! Why can't Samsung and Google implent this, what seems like such a simple and yet important feature? Get it done, Samsung!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
pSIM and eSIM cannot be active at the same time. Messages app uses cellular connection which may affect attempts to use a non-active connection. Apps that use data connection/wifi-only will work as long as there is an active network connection.
0 Likes
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Like I mentioned though, which is something other messaging apps can do. Why can't Samsung Messages switch the active SIM temporarily to send a message on the non-active SIM and periodically do this to check for new messages?
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I thought Samsung Messages could do this? When I had dual SIM, I would only text on my secondary SIM and those would go through right away. I never switched which was the active SIM.

I don't have dual SIM right now but may check later when I do.
0 Likes
Brucyjay
Halo
Options
Discussions
If I understand you correctly, Google does do this. Samsung app idk. I have dual sims and Google messages let's me choose which to use. Screenshot_20230924_220609_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

As stated by other users, you do not need to change your primary SIM in SIM Manager to be able to send messages or calls.  You can select which SIM you would like to send the message from in the Message composer (as you can see in the picture shared by @Brucyjay ).  The same functionality is available in the Dialer app.

If you are not able to select the SIM or have any other issues, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team