Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung giving middle finger to beta users

(Topic created: 01-03-2022 02:48 PM)
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Seriously, where is the stabled version for beta users? One UI 4.0 is out for many models, including some earlier models of the fold and flip. Meanwhile, we beta users who helped them out with bug reports haven't gotten it yet. 
7 Replies
rstorms20
Halo
Options
Discussions
I agree. Why haven't we received the stable update yet?
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Who the heck knows?! Last time I do a beta for Samsung
BRND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Glad I wrote that original post and more people are speaking out. I mean we aren't getting all the security updates that everyone else is getting because we are doing THEM a favor, I'm worried about that. We are a day an age where cyberattacks are frequent and most people need multiple monthly updates so stay remotely protected yet here we are, on a beta I don't even know I'm safe on, and I'm STUCK. I spent MORE money to have a unlocked phone for this privilege and it feels like I've been scammed into thinking a Beta was at least dignified and giving up my happiness with my device, on top of that, I can't even leave the program if I wanted too, and if I did at the risk of losing precious data, I know a back up could help, but why should any of us need to do that when Samsung has more then enough resources and money and a promise to support this to the very end.
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
A backup is highly recommended if things don't work well since they're betas but the fact that we are left out of the loop from the stable version is outrageous
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @spencer5520 ,

We are working on releasing an update as soon as possible for our beta members.  Even though not ideal, carrier devices do receive update to Android 12 before unlocked devices. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
spencer5520
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Can we get an ETA? Unbelievable that carrier devices get it along before unlocked beta users.
Alexei_Drekker
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
.... But why? Any hint as to the justification would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes