cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung software team, please read this

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 05:00 PM)
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
When the phone has around 10% of battery left, it then starts draining noticeably quicker than the other ~90% before that (assuming you charged it fully). But the thing is that after 5% left, the battery goes down to 0% literally in a matter of seconds. Sometimes I don't even have the time to plug my phone in to charge before it dies because of this. This is very frustrating because this has also been the case with every Samsung phone I've had before and still after all these years they haven't fixed this "issue" once and for all. Honestly, I don't see why this isn't being talked about anywhere.

FYI - I usually almost never let my phone's battery drop lower than 20% (before any of you come at me saying how doing that can degrade the battery life, which I'm aware of). But I'm pointing this out because sometimes I don't have a charger around me and this problem still persists even if I activate the "Maximum power saving". The last 10% of battery is practically useless. 

I've used iPhones and even other Androids as well and their batteries don't drop faster after 10%, so no excuses for not fixing this. I just want my phone to work as intended and not worry if the battery is low and that it will die in a few seconds when it still has some battery left.
7 Replies
johnnydeppthroat
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have this same issue, the battery life has also taken a hit on the s21 ultra. Also it overheats
The_Deacon
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yes! All of that. Big time!!
EvilsWay
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm experiencing the opposite as far as general longevity, seems to last way longer now, but have the same problem, 5=0 as far as the phone is concerned and shuts off as soon as it hits 5
Claykin
Halo
Options
Discussions
Agree the last 5% of battery drops very quickly. I had same issue with S20U. Never had that issue with S10, S9......
MochaVex
Comet
Options
Discussions
My S9+ always did this for the last 15%. I would shut the screen off for a few minutes and it'd be suddenly dead. Haven't had issues with the S21 Ultra, though.. It takes about a half hour for me to get from 5 to 0%.
0 Likes
True2life
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
My Samsung Pass wasn't working after I updated to the beta. However, the new update from the Galaxy store restored the functionality.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @S-yl  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes