Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Serious Software Issue Warning

(Topic created: 10-12-2022 05:51 AM)
Options
Discussions
When my phone nearly bricked due to Bixby Modes, specifically, Exercise Mode, I was able to recover the phone without having to do a reset. By mistake, I held all the buttons down during one of the perpetual reboot cycles that Exercise Mode had caused. 
Volume Up/ Down and Power button. 

The phone went into a green screen that had some english and Korean writing stating it was going to download something when connected to USB. This must be the process when people try to root their phones.

Anyway, I got out of the green screen of death, without downloading anything (not connected to USB and the phone was in Airplane Mode). Now the phone works as it should. I deleted Exercise Mode but on occasion, of the phone is left idle for a long stretch or consistently when I reboot, I get an error message pop up stating that there was a serious software error detected at startup. Yeah, no kidding! 

Also, I can't reboot into the screen that allows me to clear partician cache. See screen shots.

Think I am stuck with this until the next update. Honestly, I don't feel One UI 5 is ready for prime time and the official just yet.

Cover image

6 Replies
Options
Discussions
Screen shotsScreenshot_20221011_071143_Nova Launcher_1000000735_1665490304.jpgScreenshot_20221011_071131_Nova Launcher_1000000734_1665490293.jpg
0 Likes
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Discussions
Definitely report an error (which I'm assuming you have already) about this, seems like it's a very serious issue.
Options
Discussions
I have reported and sent the error logs. Hopefully, it will get resolved. Not a lot of feedback when reports are submitted other than they were sent.
Posted to discussions and the community so people are aware.
Thought I was going to lose my phone. I may still do a clean install at some point after the official comes out. This is is a real pain as I customize thr phone to the hilt. We shall see of the next software update clears the issue or not.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
If you turn the device off, then hold power/volume up it doesn't go into recovery?
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
That is not good, It seems that your phone rebooting into the Recovery Download mode which is Used during a Software Update Before you reset your phone, please try connecting your phone to a laptop or desktop via USB and then install the Samsung Smart Switch application on your computer and check your phone for any software updates via the internet, it seems that the Bixby feature caused a fatal error, But I believe that it can be fixed via the smart switch application, please try it
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes