Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Severe battery drain

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 08:44 AM)
Petchy
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Since joining the beta on my Watch 4 classic, the battery is barely lasting 6 hours. 

4 Replies
Options
Discussions

Turn off the GPS, turn off location, disable any apps in the app section of the Wear app that you can including the Play Store. Disable app updates, turn off always on display, make sure you install all beta updates (all 5 of them), and then be patient. I had a similar experience, though I initially got 1.5 days. I now get 2 days 20 hours. 

The watch OS needs to learn your usage habits. Give it 2 or 3 recharge cycles and you should see vast improvement. 

Also, the 40mm and 42mm variants of the watch4 have smaller batteries and yield shorter life. I have a 46mm GW4 classic with a larger battery. This is a factor in why I have decent battery life. Your "mileage" may vary. 

0 Likes
usergISVVHs6lt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

That shouldn't be an issue. I had no issues keeping most those options on prior to the Beta. So if there's supposed to be an update to improve things it shouldn't go backwards to force me to change. Therefore there's an issue with the update. Not how people use the watch itself. 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

By turning off apps and internal components a user can better parameterize the battery load. 6 hrs is bad for a 247mah battery in a 40mm GW4 or 42mm GW4 classic. It is outright terrible for a 44mm GW4 or 46mm GW4 classic with a 361mah battery. We know Patchy has GW4 classic, but we don't  know whether it is a 42mm or a 46mm. 

Something or somethings are really chewing through the user's battery, and by turning stuff back on incremenrally, we may just find out what it or they are. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions

The same here, now I recharge my watch 3 times, why Samsung?????

0 Likes