Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unlocked S22 Ultra on T-Mobile

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 12:07 AM)
865Jay
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
So before update 3 (and the entire time on Android 12) my S22 Ultra unlocked model never showed the T-Mobile carrier exclusive UC icon next to the 5G symbol. I researched it and came to the conclusion that it's because of the factory Samsung software on the device. Since there's no T-Mobile software, we don't get the Ultra Capacity icon, however we still connect to UC towers when we're near them. I thought no big deal. Same speeds. Same connection. Well now, after beta 3, UC shows up on my phone. I'm not upset at all but does that mean Samsung added a universal system to verify which towers and which company were connecting to? Any answer is great. This is not an issue, just a pleasant surprise is all. Lol

9 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I saw this yesterday, too. I'm wondering the same as you, though if I never know, it's no big deal. 😉
Options
Discussions
I've always had the UC on T-Mobile so not sure what was going on with yours. Occassionaly it would go away but would always return.
castamig001
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Do you have an unlocked device?
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
No sorry I didn't read it completely
0 Likes
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm T-mobile also on my unlocked S22 Ultra and I've always had 5GUC. The weird part is that I'm in a 5GUC and LTE Extended Range area and phone and text is 100% but my data averages 0.5mbps. Of course T-Mobile can't explain it or trying to fix it. Been back and forth with them for over 6 months. The new one is the UWB in the connections settings. Never had that before and don't know what it's for.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Quick questions: Do you use Samsung Messages? If you do, are you able to use chat features?
0 Likes
865Jay
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I use Google messages and RCS does work for me on data and wifi both. Also, I see slow 5G speeds but 150mbs in the sticks is much better than any LTE I've ever gotten. Lmao. I see around 800mbs about 10 minutes from my house 🤷‍:male_sign: and I get 5G UC out in the sticks as well.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Understood
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes