Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

VPN Leaking All Over the Place?

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 09:49 AM)
Options
Discussions
Anyone else noticing their VPN having DNS leaks? Mine sprung a leak and looking for the best bubble gum to fix it. I noticed it after enrolling into Beta so wondering if it is the Beta software or the VPN?  
6 Replies
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Discussions
I would submit an error report for this one. They'll be able to tell if their VPN protocol is leaking or if it's the app.
Options
Discussions
I sent in an inquiry to the VPN provider. Are you saying to send this to also to the Beta developers?
0 Likes
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yes. Open Samsung members in the beta community, tap "Beta feedback > error reports > relevant category" and make sure include logs is selected.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

You will also get a pop up at some point (usually around 3-5 minutes) that asks if you want to allow one time access to system logs. Click allow.
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Discussions
I am using private dns with 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com and using testing with: https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

I am using DDG app tracking protection "vpn" and it does turn off and on. Maybe try using private DNS with the time being? Not sure if your VPN app can turn off its dns function... hope this helps a little
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I sent in an inquiry to my VPN and to Bets here to fix the leaky pipe!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes