JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch crash after update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Roy_asdf
Pilot
Options
Discussions

I just updated my watch Last Night And ever since it keeps crashing after a few minutes of starting the watch, it won't let me do anything

12 Replies
userYYqoqZzJNw
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same. Took off charger at 7 and it's already dead from constant restarts. 

DannyOsh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Same

Members_YQMQxPB
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I just updated about an hour ago and I am facing g the same exact issue. The watch is unusable since I updated. Can anyone with the same issue and fix suggest something?

0 Likes
Jtretakoff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Same for me. 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

Same issue. Just updated an hour ago and watch is crashing every couple of minutes. Battery dropping very fast. Can't keep it running long enough for crash report.

Update: Was able to factory reset after sending error reports. Restored from backup. Recharging now since watch went from 90% to zero in two hours. No crashes since factory reset. 

0 Likes
TimmyTwo2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Factory Reset and restore from backup.

Jrad
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Same issue 

0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Roy_asdf,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. 

Please try below steps to reset your device and proceed with the Beta software:

Note: Before you reset the device, please send a report to us, as it will help us analyze the issue more in depth.  (Phone > Galaxy Wearable app > Contact us > Error Report)

[Steps]

1) Hold down both buttons until you the watch resets and then shows the Samsung logo with "Rebooting..."
2) Then click the Home & Back buttons twice while rebooting. 
3) From the text menus, click the home button (will scroll down) until you see "Recovery menu". 
4) Long press on the Home button until the menu changes to Recovery screen. 
5) Use the back button to scroll down to Factory reset. (Do not click Home Botton, as it will be "Select" option instead of scrolling down from step3)
6) Click the Home button to select Factory reset.
7) Use the back button to select yes
šŸ˜Ž Click the Home button to activate it.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Samsung_cKSoaUJ
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I'm having the same issue. I have attempted the method mentioned, once on the Recovery screen, my home button does absolutely nothing. I try to reset the watch through wearable and it restarts in the middle so it won't complete a reset