Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What does it take?

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 03:40 PM)
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Discussions
Every Beta update I send feedback and report about the new quick panel is not designed to be use by one hand. 
What does it take to conceive Samsung developers that the new design is not a good idea? 
19 Replies
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
No I like it, Don't ruin it for us. Downgrade if you don't like change
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Discussions
Downgrade?
I have to upgrade eventually to get the security update
0 Likes
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Then let Samsung evolve
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Discussions
The simple solution is to give people the option to change it.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
They're not simple at all. That's a whole separate code thread.
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's not that complicated to switch locations of major UI elements. They've offer far more complex customization in Good Lock. That's where I'm hoping this ends up, because it seemed unlikely it was going to be offered as an option in OneUI 6 after we didn't see it early on.
0 Likes
peacey
Halo
Options
Discussions

Just because you suggest something doesn't mean they're going to listen. They don't work for you. If they agree with it, they'll implement it. If not, they won't. That is all.

Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
Ya, I don't know where the idea of ONE UI being made for one hands came from...
If you want to use one hand, consider a smaller device on your next purchase. There is a reason Samsung makes 3 sizes. Luckily, for some of us, we can operate the Ultra with one of our large gorilla hands...
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Discussions
Read the history of OneUI. That was a major part of the original and continuing design philosophy .

Also, have you never questioned why there are giant empty headers in most OneUI menus? They sure aren't there to look pretty. They're there to push down UI elements to the bottom half of the screen, to make it easier to reach on tall screens with one hand.

Or to quote the principal Samsung UX designer, Jeewon Lee, in 2018:

"As phones have gotten bigger you are expected to have the dexterity of a classical pianist to reach all the functions." and
"Now the upper part of the screen is for viewing, while the lower part of the screen is for touch interaction"
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Discussions
I'm using S23.