cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Why shouldn't Stable One UI 4 Android 12 go to beta users first?

(Topic created: 01-08-2022 12:28 AM)
Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Personally, the people on beta should get the stable release first. I haven't been able to use Gpay since I started the beta back in November. I'm not sure why Verizon is so special but IMO, beta users should get the first round of stable releases or what's the benefit to having a buggy OS for two months??!!
sunflowersbloom
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Same.
Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
It's great to check out the new UI and the new features for a couple days. But then it gets old and you're stuck with different bugs and not being able to use certain apps or features. The benefit of going through all.if that is to also get the stable version first before anyone else. Otherwise, what are we doing?
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Buckeyemike84 ,

We would love to release update first to our unlocked users first for sticking with us through out beta program.  Unfortunately, we are unable to do this at this time. We hope to improve this process for upcoming beta program. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team 

Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Hopefully, this changes for the very near future because otherwise, I don't think I will do another round of Beta. There should be a benefit to it, and right now there isn't because we're going to be last with getting the stable version.
Options
Discussions
Totally agree with you.
Ncwanderer9577
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I guess the question becomes what is so different in our unlocked versions that we can't receive the stable version already?
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
I THINK each carrier has its own slightly different version of Android 12. I'm guessing it has to do with the particular branding & bloatware & "special features" each carrier claims to have. So without these features present at all in unlocked versions maybe it's more difficult for carriers to roll it out to us..? BTW I'm completely guessing & have ZERO evidence to back up this theory.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
The updates have to work on your carrier. Samsung explained it to me and t mobile confirmed it. Unlocked phones are different since they are not locked to a network. The carrier locked versions are already configured to work with updates which is why carriers do the update
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
Yeah.. I figured. Also I think each carrier has small differences in their version of Android 12 but we still should have it soon. Hopefully it means it will be VERY STABLE when we finally get it..(ėˆˆā€øėˆˆ)
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Ya. They said it should be rolling out soon. We just gotta wait. Really someone I talked to at samsung echoed what someone at t mobile said. You only should buy an unlocked phone if you plan on carrier switching or traveling long term. At least with carrier locked you get updates faster
0 Likes