Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Work profile not working

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 08:17 AM)
grmn
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Work profile keeps saying I need to set up a passcode but the button doesn't take me to change it.
7 Replies
ChiTownHawksFan
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yeah, Work Profile broke for pretty much everyone. If there is no fix by end of next week, I'm probably going to have to go back to 11, which stinks due to hard reset.

ā˜¹ļø
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I thought I read where there's a workaround? No?
ChiTownHawksFan
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Not sure, saw a mention in another post that the problem was with Intune, but not sure that is true.

Also saw a post from a Beta Mod that this is fixed, along with Samsung Pay error, in the next release. Fingers crossed that is true and we get the release soon.
bendroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
See my post below
0 Likes
bendroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@user751201tmO21 I've heard that it's a problem with Intune, but specific to Samsung phones. Something about the update from Google API 29 to API 30 causing Intune issues for Samsung devices. Check the feedback in the Play Store for Intune Company Portal.

There may be a workaround that your IT admin can deploy via Microsoft Endpoint Manager by changing the compliance policy for Android phones, but I work for a huge organization and they aren't going to mess with our policies.

If the bug is with Intune and impacts Android 11 too, which I've seen reported, then reverting to Android 11 may not fix it. This is the reason I haven't downgraded yet. Not sure the downgrade will fix it and don't want to wipe everything to find out it won't.

I didn't make a back up via Smart Switch before I accepted the Beta (d'oh - my mistake), but if you have a pre-12 backup, it may be worth the trouble to revert.
0 Likes
bendroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This impacts me too, but from what I'm seeing, it isn't specific to the Beta. This is impacting Samsung phones running Android 11 too. So you might want to consider that before reverting back to stock.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @grmn ,

This is a known issue. We will be releasing some code changes to fix this issue in next software update. Hopefully that solves all work profile issues. šŸ¤ž

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes