Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

better vs beta

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 08:06 AM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think we all appreciate hearing tips and tricks on how to make our beta phones work smoother or better or at all...but I am cautious about voluntarily downgrading my phone and my home setup to accommodate a very buggy beta build.  

when all of us had no problems before the beta, it is backwards for us to have lower expectations from our phones. my S21 ultra was like a Star Trek tricorder before the beta, now it's like a Star Trek walkie-talkie you could buy in the 60s...I might have to hook up a couple of strings to it.

turning off features, reducing performance, and deleting apps should not be an expectation for basic functionality during an upgrade. 

I do appreciate the value in trying out different tweaks, as this helps us learn what functions are buggy and need more attention. I will not however turn my phone settings down to their lowest performance rates or settle for partial functionality just to accommodate beta 2. nor will I be replacing expensive gateways in the home that worked prior to beta.

of course I am not talking about tweaking the phone just to get it to work...people can experiment however they like, I could care less. I try all kinds of things, performance reductions, turning off features...I've wiped the cache so often I'm starting to get chafed...just to see if they have an effect so that way you can pinpoint stuff, but I'm not going to leave it disabled...I want to see it fail so I can know more about the problem and/or report it.

my Wi-Fi has been broken since the beta, yeah I could run the phone in safe mode for the last several weeks or delete every single app and hope that works.. but that's not the point-- "to make the phone 'not work' to get it to work".

when you blow out a light bulb (s21ultra beta2) in your house, you replace that one... not the other 50 bulbs that still work.

so keep all the discussion, suggestions, questions and the tips coming but don't forget we are trying to get a better phone not a "beta phone".

28 Replies
userlJFbMBG0PH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I hear you. On the other hand, the purpose of a BETA program has eluded you.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
and the purpose of my comment has eluded you.. thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
You literally described the reason they run a beta program. They're not asking you to downgrade your experience. They're trying to collect data each iteration. If you want to be in the beta program to try to make the experience better for others, you're in the right place. If you're in the beta because you just wanted Android 12 early, I don't know what to tell you aside that you'll be disappointed.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
you have no idea the communication I've had with Samsung tech over this issue and what they've suggested, but thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
I don't but it still doesn't change the fact that it's a beta and a stable version of 10 is available.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
if I were to revert it would probably be back to Android 11, that's what I had on the phone.. but thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
denester
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I also have an S21 Ultra and while it's not a perfect experience, I'm not having anywhere near the amount of problems you're having. Wifi runs nearly perfect, sometimes I have to toggle airplane mode on and off, no big deal. So I've got to imagine something installed on your phone is causing the issues, I just got mine a month ago so I don't have much installed.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
k
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
it's beta for a reason, beta has bugs to work out. you should just wait for release build
0 Likes