JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDR Photo Bracketing App

(Topic created: 05-09-2022 07:12 AM)
SB029111
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm coming from <shudder> Apple, and there was an excellent app I had on the iPhone that would take bracketed photo's automagically.  You could adjust the exposure range by different increments, take 3 or 5 bracketed shots, and even would allow for "focus bracketing" that would automatically take photos at different focus points.  The app was called "CameraPixels".  I'm wondering is there an app for my S22 Ultra that will do the same thing?  The camera on the S22 Ultra is an amazing piece of machinery, although I don't see how to automatically bracket a series of photos, without doing it manually, so any help along these lines would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SB029111
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I found an app that will do exactly what I want, it's called Hedgecam 2: Advanced Camera, does focus stacking as well as exposure bracketing.  Nice find. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

I am not aware of such app for android phones, but if you know your way around the camera settings (shutter speed, exposure time, etc) then you can use either Pro-mode or Expert RAW camera app to take various focal distance images and such.

SB029111
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm aware of that option, but the problem is that while you're adjusting ISO stops, or F-stops, you're moving the camera around, (try to maintain the same position with 5 focus brackets), and then the Merge is nearly impossible.  I guess I'll look around and see, but I haven't found one yet.  Certainly not a deal breaker, but it would be handy. :D. Affinity (app) does the merges automagically, but nothing on the camera side.

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

my guess is you'll have best luck following a youtuber or influencer that reviews or does a lot of photography using android phone more specifically S22 series. I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find someone 😕 since photographers tend to tag what tool/setting the images were shot under

Solution
SB029111
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I found an app that will do exactly what I want, it's called Hedgecam 2: Advanced Camera, does focus stacking as well as exposure bracketing.  Nice find. 

UltimaGaina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
LR Mobile is doing that when shooting HDR, if you choose to save the individual RAW photos. But only for the main camera.
0 Likes