Did you mean: 

Original topic:

911 rapid dialing

(Topic created: 10-09-2022 07:27 AM)
dal0351
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Anyone else since update had issue with your phone randomly and Multiple times dialing 911? Mine did 6 times in a row and it was on a charger in another room with Bluetooth etc off, so nothing interacting with it. Only know this because of the deputy that showed up at my house.....someone check into this please quickly? 
10 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
No issues with that I would send a report to samsung asap
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Questions
That's funny you say that. I just posted this right after your post. Except mine seems to be texts coming to me from the emergency number. Weird. Is your phone calling my phone man! 🤣

I use the stock Samsung Messenger app. I'm also on the 4th Beta program on an S22 Ultra. First time noticing when I was forwarding spam texts to the T-mobile spam team I hit recent to select them and notice this "emergency number" texting me 2 times. I tried finding and searching for this text but am not able to find it. It also shows the same "emergency number" texting me 2 time again at 1:30 or somewhere around there.

Has anyone ever seen this and have any idea what it might be? I can't locate anything on it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Tanks in advance.
Screenshot_20221008_160855_Phone.jpg
dal0351
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Busted it was me ! Lol 😅 but seriously dude I had those same things, the location emergency number showing in notifications and the texting thing! I'm blaming everything right now on Hurricane Ian, especially since my phone was by the generator while we ran it to charge it up since I live in SW FL right where it hit and we don't have power back on yet in my neighborhood (hopefully tomorrow 🤞🤞). I I went in and pretty much lobotomized everything emergency related just as a precaution since they'll give you a citation around here if they come out a 2nd time and I have enough stuff to fix! Lol 😅 still haven't figured out why yet since all my settings were same and I didn't have the SOS button push on or anything. Let me know if y'all hear anything.
0 Likes
dal0351
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Also I'm on a 22 ultra as well. Still bounce between Samsung and Google messenger though depending on how I feel that day
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Open the settings for Safety and Emergency and then check the settings for Emergency SOS you may present the side key by accident and it Triggered the SOS 911 calling service Screenshot_20221008_210318_Emergency sharing_1000001647_1665277398.jpgScreenshot_20221008_205955_Emergency SOS_1000001646_1665277195.jpg
dal0351
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
That was my initial thought but I typically keep it off and it was when i checked. Let me know if you think of anything else! Thanks again.
0 Likes
dal0351
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Update: still doing so after turning off everything emergency related on the whole phone I could find. Please escalate this as I have to about leave my phone off to avoid having it continue to do so. And I've went through about every app and link and place I could find anything safety or emergency related and shut it off. Still doing.
HauntedAtoms
Astronaut
Options
Questions
That's messed up. Hopefully it doesn't happen to you again.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team