Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Android 12 Mac incompatible?

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:45 AM)
useribQgLPDQRM
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I've been having no luck accessing my s21 ultra photos on my MacBook pro ever since beta 1.. is this an Android 12 issue? It used to work with Android 11 but now it doesn't.. I've been waiting every beta update for a fix but the odds don't seem to be in my favor. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
What is it your using on the Mac side?

Some application to access it, like SmartSwitch?

Or simply want to access the phone's raw filesystem?
0 Likes
useribQgLPDQRM
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Ive been using the Android file transfer app but it's always been iffy since android 11.. It wouldn't always work. Now it never works lol so i would also use the built in Mac app to view my files, i forgot what it's called but that one always worked and now it doesn't. Neither does smart switch lol
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
hmmm. Have you checked for an update for SmartSwitch on Mac side?

That's one thing I've read in the documentation for the beta
0 Likes
useribQgLPDQRM
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I'll look more into it after work. I tried reinstalling the drivers from within smart switch but it asked me for a password..i would type in my MacBook password and it wouldn't work so i wasn't sure what password it was asking for lol šŸ˜† smart switch never asked for a password to be installed in the first place lol
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Strange ... maybe re-install it
0 Likes
Members_jIsczeT
Constellation
Options
Questions

Do you remember the name if the Native Mac app you used to view files?

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @useribQgLPDQRM ,

Android File Transfer app may need an update to support android 12. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

PaulBurris
Constellation
Options
Questions

Without update it won't work?

It's my nightmare to lose all the photos from my device...I was following this QA to find the solution, but then I discovered the SetApp website on the web - it is all about macOS tips and tricks! By Clicking Here you can learn how to fix the disk no readable issue and much more in the blog section! Check it out, maybe you will find the solution for your mac-problem.
0 Likes