Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Android Auto for phone screens no longer working in Beta 2

(Topic created: 10-10-2021 06:38 PM)
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I'm not sure how much this had to do with the beta and how much is caused by Google changes on the backend, but I figured I should probably document the issues here in either case since our will affect anyone who uses Android Auto on the phone screen.

Since beta 2, Android Auto has been completely deprecated and replaced with Google Assistant driving mode. While driving mode worked well in the past, since beta 2 there is no longer any way to automatically load Android Auto or driving mode when you connect to a preferred Bluetooth connection. So for those of us who don't have an Android Auto compatible car receiver, there is no longer any way to load Android Auto or driving mode without opening Google assistant and asking to load it every time we want to use it. And, because there is no shortcut to launching driving mode you must do this every time you switch back and forth to and from the home screen out of driving mode.

So, while I know that most of this is out of Samsung's hands, it is still something that they should be aware of whenever they finalize Android 12 for wide release that in it's current state it does affect everyone who is currently using Android Auto for phone screens.
0 Likes
4 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Craig3 ,

We were able to find car Settings on even Android 11 Samsung devices with same release of Android.  Most likely Google is providing feature only for pixel devices at this time

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
If I didn't make myself clear - this app no longer works as of Android 12 beta 2 on the Galaxy s21 ultra.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead.phonescreen

It was supposed to be replaced with similar functionality in Google driving mode. It did work correctly in Beta 1, but it is no longer working correctly in Beta 2.
0 Likes
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
As a follow up:. This is the issue:

https://9to5google.com/2021/10/12/google-assistant-driving-mode-bluetooth/

Definitely seems to be on Google's end, but even with the latest version mentioned in the article it still does not solve all of the issues.
0 Likes
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Questions
This is something that should be brought to the Google support team. They are the ones that help make Google services work on our devices, not Samsung. I am sure you can find trouble tickets open there for it, if not submit one to Google so they can fix the issues.
0 Likes