cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Anyone have random reboots during app switching or while using Gboard?

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 02:58 PM)
DrSunny
Constellation
Options
Questions
Reboots during using back gestures

Reboots during app switch when multiple applications are open.

Gboard typing delay and momentary freezes when using swipe feature to type.

Swiping down the notification panel sometimes initiates a delayed freeze for 5-7 seconds

6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
My phone freezes, then auto reboots 10-20 times a day - very random - doesn't matter what I'm doing at the time.

It even restarts when I've closed the cover and lay it down. and it's doing nothing.
Qantas108
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Mine too!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @DrSunny ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I uninstalled GBoard after repeated problems. It likes to force close, and makes my phone run warm, though doesn't really reflect this in the list of apps in my battery section.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions

Are you using the Beta version of Gboard? if yes, opt out the the beta so you get the stable release of Gboard - most folks state this fixed the Gboard crashes
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I was, then reinstalled the non beta version. Still doing all the bad things, unfortunately. I used the Theme Park app to make my Samsung keyboard more like the GBoard Theme I preferred. It's actually not too shabby. I gotta say the default keyboard has it's perks. It is great with text prediction, it's fast, I love how easy it is to capitalize unusual words with a couple of taps, and of course the theme capabilities. Also I have the voice to text set to use Google's instead of Samsung.Screenshot_20210929-092040_Messages_10039.jpg
0 Likes