Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Gboard not changing from dark to light

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 08:11 AM)
supertoast
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I have my phone scheduled to change between Dark and Light modes automatically based on Sunrise/Sunset.

Gboard will change correctly from light to dark in the evenings, but it seems to get stuck in dark mode when the phone switches automatically in the morning from dark to light.

Switching between apps and recalling the keyboard seems to get the theme to update again, along with forcing dark mode on, then off again, on the phone.

Anyone else seeing this?
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Do you have Force Dark Mode set in Developer Options?
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I've done this and it still doesn't work.
0 Likes
supertoast
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yep, I do. Haven't tried turning that off yet
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I can't be certain that's the cause, but the thought popped up ... might turn it off tonight prior to phone automatically switching to dark mode
0 Likes
supertoast
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
It's a good thought for sure, I'll give it a try tonight and report back if it works. Although sounds like Eduardo_Ivn might have already tried this without luck. Will give it a shot either way!
0 Likes
supertoast
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
So this *might* have worked, I did not notice the issue this morning, will keep an eye on it. Really curious if this was an issue in the previous version of Android (I didn't notice it on 11). Thanks for the advice!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Fingers crossed šŸ™‚

I'll experiment with this a little later in the day.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @supertoast ,

As issue involves a 3rd party app, fix needs to be performed from the application side. It would be best if you let app developers know of this issue through their support channels.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes