JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missing App Splash Screens

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 08:48 AM)
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Questions
Anyone noticing the majority of apps not having their splash screens? I did some digging into Android 12 changes, and there was a new implementation that affected how splash screens work. Instagram and Samsung Members appear to be the only applications that have fixed this so far.

6 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Splash screens are annoying to me.

For the most part, it's a branding / marketing / "look at me" thing.

I know what I just launched, I don't need the extra wait time to use the app and watch some resource animation.

Yea, I know, some apps DO take five seconds (more?) to start up, but I'd say it's rare, what with caching and so on.

Anyway, so now the vendors need to implement the new splash screen functionality ... and in the meantime users are gonna complain because
"the beta has messed up my app's splash screen"
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Questions
And all this time I thought it was supposed to be like that. 90% of my apps open with a brief "splash" of the apps main color. Thought it was a part of Material You.

LOL at myself.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Is it required functionality?

I haven't looked at the API yet
0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Questions
I have no idea. I didn't care to research it. It doesn't bother me much as long as the apps are working.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I also don't love splash screens. Just open the app to its usable interface asap, please and thank you, unless I need to enter a pin or something.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @MochaVex ,

Splash screens are a choice for developer to show at launch of app but not required. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes