cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Missing US eSim Support on The Z Fold3 with Android 12 One UI 4 Beta ??

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 07:56 PM)
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Wondering if there's any info on US eSim support on the Z Fold3 like they have on the S21 with One UI 4 Beta Android 12 update ?

I just bought an unlocked  Z Fold3 SM-F926U1 after I heard that the One UI 4 Beta update enabled it on the S21 and was totally bummed out after i updated my  ZF3 to find it completely missing ?

eSim is a must have feature for me and I would appreciate a heads up to know what the status is going forward so i can return while i still can. The phone is just sitting here its of no use to me without the feature 

14 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
The Z Fold 3 is capable of eSim support as it is available in other regions. So it will probably come soon eventually.

I don't know the reason why other markets get the same phone with esim function right away but US Markets tend to just get sim only. I think I would place blame on carriers not wanting to deal with registering extra imei for each phone launch. The physical imei and the esim imei2
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Might have to wait for beta2 release.
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I'm new to the Beta program how often does Samsung usually release these Beta updates are they usually weekly or more like monthly ?

Luckily even though the particular unlocked US version of the Fold 3   from Samsung I got does not come with  2 IMEI numbers on the box it does come with a  1 IMEI  and  1 EID.  Google says the  EID is an Embedded Identity Document  a  serial number attached to a device that's used as a eSIM or built in sim  🙂

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
For S21, beta1 went three weeks, then about every two weeks for subsequents

beta3 was a few days late (usu released on Tue), because they had to do a Hotfix patch before US release. On beta4 now
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Hopefully will be seeing some progress sooner then later waiting 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Members_23u4Q8t ,

ESIM is currently not supported on Fold 3 or Flip 3 beta program.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Can you at least confirm that US eSim Support will come in the final release of Android 12 One UI 4 ?

I was told buy Samsung Support below quote

( I would like to inform you that device is perfectly compatible with the Esim but the feature is not available on the USA yet.

The Esim feature will get enabled with the update from Samsung.

Our developers are currently working on it rigorously, Samsung will release the update to get this feature enabled in the near future with up coming update. )

productfred
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I'm an S21+ user. We didn't have eSIM at all until Beta 2. So clearly it isn't a priority for Samsung yet, as they're just trying to get a functional Android 12 build into your hands first. Trust me, be patient.
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I hope your right and I have a feeling you are just can't comprehend why Samsung would enable it on there S21 and not there Big Time top of the line Fold 

But on the other side of the coin I wouldn't put it past then to string people along waiting with statements like the above  they've done it before on plenty of other phones when it comes to eSim support in the US 

0 Likes