Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Network icon changes

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 03:25 PM)
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Questions

What's with the odd connection icons like 4g+ and the small 5g in a box. I had only seen the 5g, 5gUC and 4glte connections before
0 Likes
8 Replies
MarkChang
Halo
Options
Questions
5G UC and other icons are carrier specific. The icons you currently see to display your connection to your carriers network are the stock Android versions.
0 Likes
MetalMulishaMarcus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
As soon as I installed the beta software, I no longer see the 5G UC. I see 5G+ and when I run a speed test, my phone is only connecting to LTE. I hope this is a fix soon cause it's annoying.
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Questions
What provider? I have T-Mobile and never had seen 4g+ or the 5g in a little box before. Now if 5g is disabled I connect to 4g+ and not lte 🤷
0 Likes
MetalMulishaMarcus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I've got tmobile. I think its because I'm using both physical and esim (2 different services).
0 Likes
Ancerise
Asteroid
Options
Questions
The connection indicator in the Speedtest app doesn't seem to be accurate. You can go to service mode by dialing *#0011# and verify which band you're currently connected to. I'm seeing the 5G+ icon and I'm connected to one of T-Mobile's 5G UC band, so I think it's safe to say that 5G+ and 5G UC are the same thing.Screenshot_20230812_151454_Service mode RIL_1000016459_1691878495.png
0 Likes
Brucyjay
Halo
Options
Questions
Same. No more UC. But I've determined 5G+ is the same thing
0 Likes
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I have only the physical sim
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members > One UI Beta Program > Beta Feedback > Error Report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes