Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New safety & emergency features

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 11:44 AM)
Dlpsr
Comet
Options
Questions
Just my luck, being an older person and walking health hazard I just bought the Medical ID app last week. Small $. Lol

Does this new feature do similar things like create an overlay when the screen is turned on that allows emergency services to tap or double tap for my health info, emergency contacts, with links to their phone numbers to call etc., without access to the phones other features? How does emergency services or me access these features? Its not clear to me in an emergency.

Does it also create a call emergency services button on that same overlay with security like pin or face or print required?
(To prevent accidental calls)
Is that what the switch does that says Send SOS? If not what does that switch do?

Does it allow on one tap with same security as described above to send SMS to my emergency contacts with my precise location and a canned message I write to call me or call 911? Emergency services or I might need easy access to all features if ill or in an accident with little bother.

What I described above are some features of Medical ID app for my own comparison of your features. I am not asking they be copied or anything like that. I just need to determine if I use the ID app or your emergency features, whichever I deem best.

Thanks,
Dave

0 Likes
3 Replies
userOij7wzcNrR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes. If you have a patern, pin or password, there is a button to access your emergency info and contacts.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Dlpsr ,

Its probably best to reach out to Medical ID app team for support regarding setting up your device with the app.

As for Samsung emergency call feature on lock screen, you can make an emergency call to pre set contacts with out entering a pin or fingerprint authentication.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Dlpsr
Comet
Options
Questions
Not necessary, its setup just fine.
0 Likes