JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No search bar when swiping right front Home screen

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 11:17 AM)
JohnnyDrama
Constellation
Options
Questions
Hey all, wanted to see if it was just me,  but when I swipe right on my Galaxy Z Fold 3 home screen, to see the Google news feed, there is no search bar. If I tap my account icon in the upper right, then immediately swipe to go back, it suddenly shows up. Is this the same for any one else?

I submitted an error report during the first beta release, I was hoping it would be fixed in the second, but llno luck. 
5 Replies
Solution
Spicoli_SGT
Galaxy
Options
Questions
It has been like this for quite a while now. When you swipe right on the home screen it opens the Google Discover feed which is separate from the Google app. They removed the search bar from it for whatever unknown reason. What you are doing by tapping your account icon is opening the Google app itself over top of the Discover feed which does have the search bar on it.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Spicoli_SGT ,

Thank you for suggesting the solution. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
JohnnyDrama
Constellation
Options
Questions
This isn't a solution, it's a tedious work around. Why can the search bar not be there when we swipe right. It's there on my son's Pixel 4a 5G, seems like a poor coding mistake. Can we possibly get this fixed?
ScorpioViking
Constellation
Options
Questions

Problem still shows up, even now on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. Where's the logic Samsung? Please fix soonest. 

0 Likes
Stelop
Astronaut
Options
Questions

Still happens on my fold 5.  Can we fix this please.

0 Likes