@Miller21 This depends on the carrier. Samsung releases the build to the carriers. Each carrier:
- creates a locked version with their customizations
- takes the unlocked version and adds their network parameters
Then each carrier does their own testing of these builds to ensure that the build doesn't take down their cellular network OR cause massive unwanted calls to customer service.
Each carrier can test locked and unlocked versions separately.
After each carrier is happy with their own testing, they will release the accepted build(s) to devices on their network. Sometimes a carrier finds something unacceptable in a build and decides not to push that build out to their network.
Each carrier has their own timeframe for each of these steps.
TL;DR Contact your carrier and ask them for an ETA on when they are releasing the unlocked build.
@Miller21 Understand and my devices are unlocked bought straight from Samsung. The reality is, we still depend on a carrier for service. That carrier wants to ensure that updates are going to bork their network. Therefore the carrier is the final gate to delivering the unlocked software to the devices.
I had imported galaxy S21 ultra (unlocked) from USA to India .Before updating to One UI4 everything was working fine but on 26.11.2021 I, got an android 12 based One UI 4.O stable update after updating everthing messed up and I have started facing following issues:-
1.VoLTE feature has been removed and now I am unable to make and receive phone calls and sms on "Jio network network career" (which purely worked on VoLTE) before update this Jio sim was working flawlesly in my phone..I cant port my sim to other network operator because I have recharged my sim in advance for next one year.
2. Wifi calling feature has been removed
3. Battery started draining very fast . 25% battery drained overnight when phone was on standby mode not in use even when mobile data ,wifi, bluetooth, NFC, hotspot Syn, Location, wifi scanning, Bluetooth scanning all services were off. Same no of applications installed as before update.. before update there was just 4-5% battery drain with the same settings.
4. 120Hz no more works within the apps like facebook, instagram , gallery, you tube etc.120htz works only as long as we touches the screen , as soon as we remove finger from screen it goes back to 60 htz ..its very annoying . there is nothing difference between 60hz and 120hz refresh rate.
I have done all troblshooting steps demonstrated by samsung care ( reset network settings ,reset all settings in general management and even done factory reset) but nothings works. This is not a hardware issue . This is because of bugs in One UI 4.O. One UI 3 was 100 times better than this.Please push an OTA update to fix thease issues. Even many more users facing the same issues I had seen on samsung community.
I bought this phone by spending so much money but my all money has been wasted .. Please Push an UPDATE TO FIX THESE ISSUE as soon as possible as I bought this by trusting Samsung (USA).
@MeerModi "Is it possible that a network porvider just never gives the one UI 4.0 update? "
Of course it is possible but not likely. If a carrier finds something completely unusable they will push back to the cell phone manufacturer for patched version with a fix.