Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone heating up with GBoard/Google Messages

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 08:57 AM)
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Has anyone else experienced their phones getting warm and GBoard crashing? I had to both GBoard  and the Google messages apps installed, and both were the beta versions from the play store which I had been using previously without problems. 

I just unrolled myself from both the betas on GBoard and Google messages. Once that goes through, I was going to reinstall them to see if the regular version did not cause issues. 

However, the beta versions of both apps were causing my phone to heat up quite a bit and use a bunch of battery. I am curious if anyone else has been able to use these apps without any problems?
0 Likes
10 Replies
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I also had both apps installed on my Watch 4 but uninstalled as well.
0 Likes
vinniehat
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I can't speak about heating issue but I have had CONSTANT crashing and it is very annoying
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @missmotta ,

Crashing apps do tend to make device warm and cause battery drain. Please update us on if you are still facing issue after leaving the beta program. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Thanks. Will do! 😀
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I'm using beta version of Gboard and Google Messages with no crashing or heating issues.

Be sure to go to each app settings (if you haven't already) and choose
Storage > Clear cache (I always do a Force Stop first)
Femmefatale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
My phone is getting very hot while Charging.... Scary.
0 Likes
Shaithis
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Gboard is my default, I haven't noticed any warming issues using it.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
UPDATE:
I reinstalled Gboard and Google Messages (the non-beta versions this time!) and so far no heating or crashing problems. I think it was the beta versions that were causing trouble.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Thanks! Good info for folks running beta versions of those apps 👍