Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Sending/Receiving Text Messages

(Topic created: 09-16-2023 05:11 AM)
Nannerish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Anyone else having issues with not being able to send or receive text? I'll get an error saying trouble sending, check options. Data will work fine it's just text messages. I haven't tried phone calls while this is happening because I rarely talk to people 😂 
Once I do a reboot they send and come through fine. It's happened twice now and both time were this week. Just wondering if it's an issue with the beta that I need to report or if my phone is just being wonky 🤪
6 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
I dont have this issue but im very familiar with it as i have had this issue before in the past. The issue is sim card provision. It gets corrupted sometimes during updates, its rare but does happen, heres how to fix.
First get your providers APN settings and also the providers SMSC number.
Your also going to need another android device that your sim card will work on.
Take out sim card and put it in second device and boot up. Then on the problem device goto settings, click search and type reset network settings. Now reset network only and reboot. On the other device, goto settings, connections, mobile network, access point names. Click 3 dots in upper right corner and reset to default and reboot. Power off both devices and put sim back in problem device. Boot it back up and reset the APN to default like you did on the other device and reboot. Now click, settings , connection, mobile network, access point names and verify the APN with your providers APN settings and modify if necessary. If you're not able to edit your APN you can add the APN from your provider. Once that is complete, Open up the dialer and dial, *#*#4636#*#* a menu you should pop up and you'll want to click on phone information. Scroll all way to bottom and youll see SMSC. Take the SMSC number you got from your provider and enter it then press update. Only use your providers number. Now reboot and you should have and coming and outgoing messages working.
0 Likes
Nannerish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Well if something rare and bizarre is going to happen it of course will happen to me 😂.
That's also entirely too much information to process pre coffee but thank you very much for the assist
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it lol. But a few years ago I was having the same issue after building a custom rom and couldn't fix the issue until I forced provisioning. However on official firmware the force provisioning is grayed out. On custom software you can press that button and reprovision your device without having to do all these steps. If only Samsung would give us more control of our devices ......
0 Likes
SCTiger
Halo
Options
Questions
I'm having the same issue. I don't know if it's related, but my status bar shows AT&T sometimes even though I'm on t-mobile.
0 Likes
Nannerish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I have noticed that. Next time it happens (because I'm sure it will lol) I'll have to pay attention to that
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes