Original topic:

Separate app sound question

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 01:33 AM)
userW0j9hq40VE
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Hi,

This is something I haven't been able to accomplish for a long time, and hope to get an answer here.

I have a Bluetooth device connected to my phone. I wish this Bluetooth device to continue playing music with youtube music app when receiving and making calls from the usual phone app and Skype.

Even with separate app sound configured to play music from my Bluetooth device, when I receive/make calls the music stops. When I press play again during the call-it plays from my phone speakers! This is so frustrating, hours spent trying fix it with no luck. Please help.
7 Replies
Marv323
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I've been asking for this feature longggggg time already and they haven't implemented. From what I've heard iphone can do that ( don't know if its true) but I really hope they add it since it's on the list in separated apps
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Questions
For security reasons the only audio transmitted during a phone call is from the microphone. COMMUNICATION is the primary purpose of your device.
0 Likes
userW0j9hq40VE
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Then, I don't see the reason why the phone would be in the separate app list. It looks like a bug to me. Also, microphone is not transmitting any audio, it is for audio input. For 1k I would hope my device is multipurpose. And again, if i press play, the audio is playing through the phone speaker during the call, I just want it to play over Bluetooth instead.
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Questions
You can Google it and you'll see several developer replies and responses to this very question.

Unless I've completely misunderstood you the reply I've given is 100% correct. I hope I'm not mistaken though cuz that's embarrassing man! šŸ˜Š šŸ¤—ā˜ŗļø
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Very strange indeed ... doesn't happen with my phone / Bluetooth buds
0 Likes
userW0j9hq40VE
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Do you mean it works as intended? You receive a call, the call goes through the phone speaker, and the music is playing in buds, right? Enlighten me with your setting, please šŸ˜€ . Are those galaxy buds, btw?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @userW0j9hq40VE ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes