cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Something called "SamsungSmartSuggestions" is depleting my battery. What is it?

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 09:44 AM)
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
It's at the top of the list of running systems, and by the end of the day it's used more than triple or quadruple of any other items listed in my battery stats. Does anyone know what it is? I am currently using Google Messages and Gboard. I might switch to Signal or Samsung messages and the Samsung keyboard to see if this makes any difference.  But it's definitely causing significant drainage. Thanks for any help if someone might know what it is and where it's coming from. A cache wipe didn't fix it. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
jayjay1904
Constellation
Options
Questions
Mine too
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Glad I'm not alone! But what in the **bleep** is it?? Are you also using Gboard keyboard and/or Google Messages?
0 Likes
jayjay1904
Constellation
Options
Questions
I was. I seen deleted those and just stuck to samsung keyboard and also samsung messages.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I notice when I highlight text and waiting for the "copy ..." pop up, I get the popup that the SamsungSmartSuggestions has crashed shows up

This is the WORSE Samsung beta program I've been involved with.

I can NOT make phone calls right now either ... really? can't use my phone for it's intended purpose??
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Ugh. That's no good. I had a pop-up today from it and then went to the "app" and disabled it. Not sure if this was good or bad.
No ability to call? I've not had that before. This is my 4th and worst beta as well.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I highly recommend disabling it if you get another pop-up. It's completely disappeared from my battery stats. Still unsure of what its purpose is
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @missmotta ,

The SamsungSmartSuggestions is an intelligence service that handles Contextual Analysis, Personalized Suggestions, Autofill, Etc.  Samsung keyboard supports OTP based on these suggestions. SamsungSmartSuggestions catches OTP from SMS and sends it to Samsung keyboard.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Thank you so much for the information! šŸ˜€
0 Likes