Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Span messages when spam protection is enabled

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 12:47 AM)
Wargdunny
Constellation
Options
Questions
I get random numbers daily that I have to block. I get email addresses that text me that I block. I also get these fake **bleep** att messages that look 60% legit when u glance at it.... i have a galaxy note 20 using stock messages app. Is there anything I can do... phone doesn't show I have any problems im just sick of these messages and I shouldn't have to pay monthly for a app to fix this and then also have to use their app for my every day text . I enabled spam protection protected by hiya and block all spam. It blocks calls but random numbers text me multiple times a day. Anyone else deal with this. It's so annoying
3 Replies
sunny28
Comet
Options
Questions
I've been getting the same thing for a long time with the texts and calls, emails started in 2021 and now it's happening to my watch as well, super annoying and now they are pretending to be Verizon and other companies. Would be nice if the carriers and the cell phone makers could get together and put some kind of stop to this
sleepcycl
Asteroid
Options
Questions
In my experience it's not that great ever and the only fix was getting the Google messages and phone app. They block way better. Don't use them anymore cause I hate the UI but it did the job
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Wargdunny ,

While it is not ideal, you may block messages from each sender individually to avoid future spam from same number. In a text message window, click on arrow next to number shown and there should be an option to block that number. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes