Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

TV Remote

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 09:46 PM)
Shaithis
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Looking for more information on this, does it work with Google Chromecast with Google TV? I saw ao read somewhere about it and now I can't find any more information. 

Also I have voice recorder activated I don't remember where the setting was to show it on the lock screen but I remember it was on and I could access it yesterday but I'm not seeing it now.

Resolved: Figured out the voice recorder, tap tap swipe up
0 Likes
7 Replies
RockstarGunner
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I also use the Chromecast with Google TV. The YouTube app on the phone can be used as a remote control but only for YouTube on the Google TV Chromecast. I have been looking for an app that is not a third party and deals with advertisements but I haven't found anything good
RockstarGunner
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Lol..... After I msgd you, this article appeared on my Google now feed:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/23/22688867/google-tv-mobile-remote-android
0 Likes
Shaithis
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
That was the one I read! However the app doesn't see my Chromecast and my Chromecast app even though it has an enable floating remote I don't see it anywhere in the app.SmartSelect_20210924-214516_Google TV_2395.jpg
RockstarGunner
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I haven't found remote part of the app either
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Shaithis ,

Smart thing remote is intended to be used as an alternative to your physical Samsung TV remote. Samsung TV does need to be added with in Smart things and be a compatible model for it to work. Please find more information here 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083002/

Regards

One UI  Beta Team.

0 Likes
Shaithis
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
That wasn't it all . There was an update needed on my Chromecast the Android TV remote device and now the remote button in quick settings accesses
my Chromecast
0 Likes
RockstarGunner
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Hey... It's is in the quick tiles up top
0 Likes