Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Usb-C Smart Switch

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 11:16 AM)
Drako-77
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I can only use USB-C to USB-C cable to transfer files but my laptop doesn't have a USB-C option, the regular USB cable doesn't work, anyone have any tip or idea?
0 Likes
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I assume the "regular USB" cable you're referring to is a USB to USB-C cable?

Or is there a converter adapter attached to one end?
0 Likes
Drako-77
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Correct, the S21 comes with USB-C to USB-C and the USB-C to USB charging cable does not work to connect the phone to the PC
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
the S21 doesn't "come" with anything...just the phone. I used a standard issue USB-A to USB-C cable to back up my S21U (via SmartSwitch) to my laptop, no problem.
0 Likes
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Questions
You need a USB-C OTG adapter to use it. They used to come for free with S8, S9 and maybe S10s. They cost $5-10 on Amazon.
0 Likes
Drako-77
Asteroid
Options
Questions
My laptop only has USB 3.0, the OTG adapter is USB3.0 to USB-C, I would need USB-C to USB3.0 to use the supplied cable and be able to connect to my PC, I'm guessing that will work to be able to transfer my files
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Questions
You plug in a standard USB-A cable to the laptop and the adapter. You plug the adapter directly into the phone.
Drako-77
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I'll try that. Thanks
Options
Questions
If cable stuff doesn't work, you could always use some cloud storage(onedrive, G drive, etc.) to transfer files from your phone to the storage and then grab them from your laptop. There usually a limit to how large the file is of course without paying for any additional storage options.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Drako-77 ,

USB-A to USB-C cable should work fine. Please ensure you are using a Samsung Cable

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes