Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Withdraw from Beta and Update.

(Topic created: 01-09-2022 06:14 PM)
BryanMars
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Can I withdraw from the beta program and get the official One UI 4.0 Android 12 without a downgrade?

8 Replies
mostLow
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but my understanding is that when updating software you have a sort of program that adjusts code from the old software to look like the new. For this you have to know what the starting code looks like, right? So the updates are written with a devices currently active software in mind, to change the way things are without making it so one piece of code doesn't make issues with another line (this is probably a big part of what beta testing looks for). My understanding is that we can't update as beta users because the little program that changes our code to the new code isn't written, but the program to move from stable versions is. That's why beta users are having to downgrade...so withdrawing but not downgrading wouldn't be possible.
Like I said, I'm not an expert but this is my understanding, and maybe it will at least answer your question.
BryanMars
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Thanks
mostLow
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I'm anxious for the update, too! I'm eager to get my digital sim working so I can finally have usable cell service at home, without giving up my current phone plan
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @BryanMars ,

Device has to downgrade to Android 11 before upgrading to Android 12 if deregistering from the program. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

frenche
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Any one know where I can find a decent version of smart switch PC version that isn't a sight full ads and try to get U to download and install malicious software
0 Likes
BryanMars
Galaxy
Options
Questions
0 Likes
frenche
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I was able to downgrade via Smart Switch on my PC and then once reboot I got 3 Updates 1st was a security patch 2nd was Android 12 update then 3rd was another security patch.....so u can downgrade to get the New Update Screenshot_20220113-134855_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
BryanMars
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Were you able to recover all your data eg Social media chats?
0 Likes