cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery: One UI Beta drains battery fast, really fast. Not good.

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 09:03 AM)
user7idPCwqVRK
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Galaxy S21 Ultra

New One UI is almost unnoticeable update. I'm sure it's packed with good stuff, but it seems very low key.

BUT: it drains battery about 60% faster than before. Got caught out yesterday without a charger, now have to carry block around just in case.
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
21 Ultra Unlocked.

Battery drain during beta1 seemed "normal", but with beta2, it got worse.

But yea, others are experiencing it too
Mello_o
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Same here. S21U. the battery is worse than beta1.That why we are hoping the Beta3. We all understand the developer are working on that, we should not complain. Be patient is harder when we see other countries already have the new update and enjoy some news.
AvinSSuser
Star
Options
Suggestions
Beta2 .. I felt it's like the careless software beta released... Given the random restarts and improper color theme application
Camysia
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
With beta 1, I experienced battery drain, but with 2 it has improved. It's not like it was before 4.0 but it's getting better. I'm sure they are aware of the issue. It's affecting a lot of us.
0 Likes
Pgastwirth
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Curious if you all did the "wipe cache partition"?
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I do ... as in "at least once a day"
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Suggestions
People, understand that just like our bodies, smartphones are often unique and just because someone has a really bad issue, it doesn't mean everyone has them. During betas issues will ocurr, refrain from suggesting "this beta was "careless because I'm having xxxx". All betas can have issues like that, even stable versions could be riddle with bugs on very small segments of a given group. Adapting a software to work on devices with different features, specs, carrers, different regions, etc can be very complex. Issues will almost always occurr. Freezing, overheating, lagginess and slow devices are hallmarks of betas. When we use words like "careless" we imply that developers were lazy, cut corners or didn't do their jobs properly. This is often far from the truth. Remember that this forum becomes an echo chamber of complaints because that's what it's designed for. There may very well be 15 people with no major issues for every one that has an issue and you'll never notice because forums are design to attract post from people with issues, that's normal. With all this I'm urging to stop making dangerous assumptions that lead to flawed and unfair conclusions.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @user7idPCwqVRK ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes