Original topic:

Battery life and cover screen

(Topic created: 11-06-2021 11:50 AM)
GalUser19
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Dear Samsung, please

1) optimize the software so the battery life on the Z Flip 3 lasts much longer than it currently does, maybe an hour or so of additional screen time--although I do not know if it is achievable. 
2) enable the cover screen to open more applications, view notification details, and have almost all the functionality of the main screen without having to open the phone, such as allowing users to reply to messages using the cover screen. 
3) give options to keep on/off the cover screen. I noticed that the cover screen turns on as soon as I fold the phone but it turns off once the phone is completed folded. Could not find it on settings to turn that off. I do not see the logic in that. What is the point of turned on cover screen if you cannot see it while you fold the device? 
4) work on the cover screen's brightness level to be more smooth. Right now the animation is more choppy and does not stop at where I set it but instead only stops at preset levels.

5 Replies
rand12341
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Alongside the seemingly worse battery life, battery drain seems to be substantial. I'm getting a 5 - 6% drain overnight.
0 Likes
GalUser19
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
When I charge my phone to 100% it goes down to 99% in about two seconds; this is insane. Samsung really should do something about it.
rand12341
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Yep, I notice this too even when I have 85% charging
0 Likes
ColinM
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Cover Screen is controlled with the always on display settings if you have that set to always on it will stay on.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes