Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring back the old system for auto restart

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 07:02 AM)
KBWolf
Comet
Options
Suggestions
As many of you know already, the system for auto restarting has been moved from scheduling to whenever the phone feels like. This can be since it's nearly impossible to know when your phone might reboot which could lead to critical information being lost because the phone doesn't show certain notifications until unlocked for the first time. This was such a weird decision and just takes another another means of control away from the user.

Why not have the best of both worlds and have the option to have either manual or auto restart. That way the new feature can be implemented the way Samsung wants it, and if the user needs more granular control over when their phone restarts, they have it. 

I know this has been posted many times already, but this is another one to raise more visibility.
14 Replies
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, I asked for that as well...I hope they bring it back.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
I've said this on other posts what Samsung really needs to do is when the phone restarts it should load up and start without having to first unlock it
0 Likes
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Elaborate a little on this. What do you mean start without having to unlock?
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
When you restart your phone don't you have to unlock it before your phone starts and laods up basically nothing will work until your phone is first unlocked
0 Likes
BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Unfortunately, due to the way the security of the phone and the way encryption works, that is not possible. When the phone restarts, the memory is cleared, and no applications located in CE are available until the user inputs the credentials. Once user unlocks the device, they are available even if the user locks the device afterward.
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
Kind of makes sense I didn't think about it that way
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Isn't the old one still in there. I know you can turn off the new restart system
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Suggestions
No the old way is gone and replaced with the new way of when the phone decides when it needs to
0 Likes