Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

DEX

(Topic created: 09-27-2021 11:34 PM)
MRREEsE
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Please allow communication between capable phones(s21 ultra and capable tablets tab s7 to be the receiving monitor to drive dex from our phone, this functionality is awesome and much appreciated but the next level is allowing us to use our tablets as the second screen or the montior that drives dex from our phone, i dont believe we can do this ive tried and would love this, to be able to use my tablet as a second workstation and/or communication hub, another thought and well needed feature yes we need it.
3 Replies
GalaxySizedRod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
You can run Dex on the Tablet already. And call & messaging on other devices and continuity already allow you to use your phone on the tablet. And considering thst the s21 ultra is **bleep** near 7in and tab s7 is 10/12.1in thats not a huge gain in screen real estate and a waste of battery. Anything the phone can run the tablet can also just natively run. DeX on a standalone monitor or DeX/Link2Windows are more useful solutions.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @MRREEsE ,

usually devices are equipped with display out and no display In component. Unless using a wireless solution current hardware would not allow us to do this.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MRREEsE
Halo
Options
Suggestions
11 inches is a huge difference from 6.8 and not being able to use the tablet at all when you can Incorporate 2nd screen with windows is crazy and disappointing but ok,I can respect it.
0 Likes