cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Edge Lighting - Black Hole (Ring Notification Light)

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 09:37 AM)
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
This was a edge lighting effect that was available on my S10e when installing the Edge Lighting + app from the Galaxy Store. It was a amazing and subtle edge lighting effect. I really think that Samsung should bring back this effect as it was a simple ring light that would occur around the camera cutout when you got a notification. It sort of reminds me of the notification LED I used to have on my S7 Edge. If anyone is wondering how it looks, it is exactly like the effect you get when you open your front selfie camera. Samsung please bring it back!

6 Replies
iiDark
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes please. I love this. I had no idea it was a thing!
0 Likes
jerkwad
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Yes! Please add this!
0 Likes
boston503
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Its still in the settings but its hidden well
0 Likes
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Really? Where exactly because I don't see the option?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Saifu ,

One UI 4 uses same lightning effect for privacy controls to let you know if your camera is being used which may cause some confusion if used for all notification. We will still send suggestions to usability team for review to see if they can possibly implement a specific color for privacy and different one for app notifications.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Oh I understand, but please do consider giving it as an option even if it changes color for different apps or can stay white. If someone feels confused by it they can always turn it off. šŸ™‚
0 Likes