Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Find Remastered Pictures in Gallery

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 10:16 AM)
PaulTheBetaUser
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
I have a lot of pictures on my phone organized into a bunch of different folders. I enjoy the Suggestions feature of the Gallery app to remaster some photos. However, after I accept a bunch of remastering suggestions, there is no easy way to find those remastered pictures after the fact and do something with them in bulk (like, upload them to my cloud storage to replace the old photos). I'd have to do each one individually from the toast notification that briefly follows a remaster. In the Gallery, those pictures have a "Remastered" tag in the corner, so it's somewhere in the photo info. Why can't I search for all remastered photos at once?
6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Try this ... works for me.

Open Gallery app.

Tap on Pictures tab at bottom.

Tap the Search icon to the left of the three-dot menu

Type, "remastered", then execute the search ... I know, not necessarily efficient, but a decent workaround
0 Likes
PaulTheBetaUser
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
See below. I'd love to know how you got this to work for you
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @PaulTheBetaUser ,

Procedure mentioned by @user751201tmO21 is the best work around currently available for your needs.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PaulTheBetaUser
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
This is actually the procedure that would make the most sense to me, but for me it doesn't work nor brings up any results. I've tried searching for different forms of the word (remaster, remastered, etc ), I've tried doing the search in different views and albums, and it still comes up the same (see attached).Screenshot_20211006-131449_Gallery_42218.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Here ya go - screenshot attached

Let it be known I "remaster" my photos using Google Snapseed.

I only used Gallery's Remaster feature on these three photos as a test that the search works - notice the search term up top (I use Dark mode theme).Screenshot_20211006-123751_Gallery-01_9508.jpg
PaulTheBetaUser
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Okay, I realized a new twist in this. I played with it some and realized that @user751201tmO21 's method only works when remastered pics are saved as a copy. What I've been doing has been remastering and saving the original photo. Those do not show up in the search. That distinction is a little annoying. If i save as a copy, there's still the option to revert to the original, so it's not like the fundamental data is any different on the copy. I can't see a reason why those should show up in the search but not modified original files.
0 Likes