Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fix terrible startup lag

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 03:27 PM)
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
When powering on and logging into the phone, there is a lot of lag and it takes widgets and the home screen a long time to initialize which shouldn't happen. Even if you have to make the startup time longer, that's fine just make sure that everything is set up and ready to go before the user can get into the phone. Allowing us to use the phone before all the android processes have started gives us a laggy startup experience and makes us feel like we have a cheap android phone. Please fix this so there is little to no lag when the phone is fully powered on.
3 Replies
sidd
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I have always waited for the keyboard to load to enter the password to login after every reboot. This has been happening since the S7 days.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @User5741 ,

Please try clearing cache of device with below steps and if lag doesn't improve, Please send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports  

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One Ui Beta Team

User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes the problem is not new and has been around even before the first version of one ui. I did the stuff you said many times before but they don't work. This is a problem with the system design and not the user. I already sent an error report but please let the developers know about this because it is really frustrating especially since my pixel3 with way less power and my iPhone 6s don't lag when booting up even with less powerful hardware. It's definitely a Samsung problem and not a problem with Android itself.
0 Likes