Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google apps as Default

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 10:06 AM)
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Please, remove all duplicate apps and make it Google apps as default or gives the choice at least to uninstall and/or disable Samsung Apps.

*Samsung Internet is a superior app! I'll keep it as default
17 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
That won't work for one reason I've mentioned. I use Canary and Brave on the phone, PCs, laptops, and I need browser sync between all those platforms.

Sammie Internet is only found on Sammie phones and tablets ... not to mention the other Samsung apps
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yea I told them that they should either make a browser for pc or make Microsoft edge default for their phones because a browser that can't sync across devices is a no go.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @DiegoKaku ,

Thank you for your suggestion. We do beleive One UI with Samsung apps is better suited for our device user experience than base google apps.  As for default apps itself, its any ways a 1 time setting if you choose to do so , option does exists.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Wow, that's the answer: "it's a Samsung phone, must use Samsung apps"
Are you all using Samsung OS or Android (Google's OS)?
Do you use Google Maps?
How do you open Word, EXEL, Power Point files? Samsung "Office" lol
Samsung Free is better than Google Discovery? Why Samsung add Google Discovery???
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Samsung health is a much better app than Google health in my experience I'm glad there are options that's the beauty of Android if all apps must come from Google only then we might will be in same position as apple where the home screen remain unchanged for years..
thereismotion
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yeah. Competition is healthy
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I'm actually a big fan of Samsung native apps. The Internet Beta app is amazing.
I like Google for some things, and enjoy having a choice to use their apps...or not to use them.

The Samsung Fascinate (circa 2010?) was my first Samsung device.
After that I had a couple of Motorola phones, Droid Maxx, with the more vanilla Android experience.
But I wanted to give Samsung another chance and eventually used the S7, S9, S10+, now the S21 Ultra..
I really appreciate all the new innovative things that Samsung does. Many of the Pixel 6 new features were already present with Samsung. Despite that the Pixel seems like a great phone except that it would feel boring to me to not have the native Samsung apps that I prefer over Google's.
thereismotion
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Idk if I can do a phone without SoundAssistant, it's by far the best software available for Android OS. Nothing comparable on any other device or mobile OS. My first Samsung device was a flip phone - the A900 - don't miss it but it was the best for its time. Then used the original 2007 iPhone and had every iPhone up to the 3gs. Then swapped over to the Motorola Droid X. Since then I've owned the S2, S3, S5, Note 4, S6, S7 edge, S8, Note 9, S10e, S20, Note 20 Ultra, S21, S21 Ultra. Right now the daily driver is the S21 (not the ultra, too big)