Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Improvement of camera performance in 3rd party apps

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 10:05 PM)
ruskin
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
The Pixel 6 series launched about a week ago and there is one thing it does better than any android phone and that is the camera optimization in third party apps. In both Snapchat and Instagram on the Pixel 6, you are able to use ths ultrawide AND telephoto cameras within the app. This is likely due to the recent stable release of CameraX for Android. What does Samsung need to do software wise to match the Pixel 6? The in app experience is pretty bad in Snapchat/Instagram/TikTok on my S21 Ultra. These apps are still screen recording the camera viewfinder which causes a severe loss of framerate especially in low light. These apps are still locked to the main camera sensor which is always exposing for a photo. Samsung definitely needs to address this by working closer with the developers of these apps.
3 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @ruskin ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Options
Suggestions
Honestly tho this needs to be fixed
I'm tired of everyone haiting on android
Members_smkMzv4
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

I specifically purchased my Glaxaxy Ultra 21 for its camera and to use it with Sport Diver Sport Life camera housing and app. I was so disappointed and **bleep** off to find out, after my dive trip to FIJI, that my photos were not great due to Samsung not allowing 3rd party apps to use the camera at full potential.  It's 2023, when does this change?!?!  It's ridiculous that this is a problem. I have more dive trips set up and seriously considering changing to IPhone.  These are incentives in a lifetime trips with once in a lifetime photo ops. 

0 Likes